Saturday, January 19, 2013

Kraft It Up January

I am trying to play along with a few challenges this year to make the most of my stash and to stretch myself and try new things.

The Kraft it Up challenge for January is a colour challenge. So the plan is to use the colour swatch and of course to create your layout on a kraft background.



How bright are those colours!!

 I really had no plan for this layout so I started with my ever-growing scrap basket looking for off-cuts to match the colour scheme. Apart from the kraft background sheet I only ended up using scraps for this layout. Colour challenges may be the way to go to finally make a dent in that scrap basket.

I included one last piece of hot pink Love Elsie paper from my January Counterfeit Kit Challenge kit and set to work layering the scraps I found. My turquoise is more aqua but since I was only working with scraps that was the closest I had - pretty close I think.



 The end result used papers from Sassafrass Lass, Pebbles, Love Elsie, Making Memories and Crate Paper. I even found a box of chipboard embellishments from Lil Davis and used the stars from that as well.


The other embellishments include random flowers, brads from Dear Lizzie and Basic Grey, buttons from Stampin' Up!, labels from October Afternoon and some chipboard numbers and photo corners from Heidi Swapp. I added a touch of white with a paper doily and some sprinkles of Mr Huey.


So what challenges are you playing along with this month? Any colour challenges to recommend?

Happy scrapping

Lisa J

3 comments:

  1. Looking at the color samples, I was curious to see how you were going to pull it off, but I should have known better. Your layout looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a fun photo and layout! Love your use of the challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us at KIU

    ReplyDelete
  3. great afun and memorable layout...thanks for playing along at KIU

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...